Have you ever felt like your Christmas list is just too long? Are you overwhelmed just thinking about braving the malls during the holiday shopping rush?
Maybe you’re longing for a simple & meaningful Christmas that doesn’t require spending a whole lot of money or time spent shopping. Or maybe this is the year you just feel ready to get back to basics and make the most of every opportunity you can to remind your family of the true meaning of Christmas!
Whatever your reason – If you’re trying to stick to a budget, homemade gifts are the way to go! You can easily create beautiful and memorable gifts for as little as $2-3 and give them to your child’s teacher, your co-workers, your great Aunt Matilda – or anyone!! 🙂
So if you’re feeling inspired to try your hand at DIY gifts this year, here are a few ideas to help you stretch your dollars further for a meaningful Christmas on a budget.
The perfect recipes for great gifts
- Fragrant Hand Soap
- Bergamot Body Butter
- Lemon Cake Sugar Scrub
- Redness Reducing Beauty Serum
- Luxe Lemon Lavender Body Scrub
- Exfoliating & Clarifying Facial Cleanser
- Peppermint Salt Scrub Recipe + Printable
- Orange Cream Meltaways Recipe + Printable
- Printable Essential Oil Gift Tags
Here are my favorite supplies and containers I use for homemade gifts – just click through the links to order your own!
- Roller Ball Glass Bottles 6 pack
- Roller Ball Glass Bottles 24 pack
- Clear Plastic Fine Mist Spray Bottle (Less Than 1oz.)
- 2oz Clear Plastic Spray Mist Bottles
- 3.4 oz Travel Bottle Pump Sprayer Set
- 50 High Quality 5.5 ml Lip Balm Tubes
- 3 ml cosmetic jars
- Mason jar chalkboard lid labels
- Mason jar and lid printable labels
- Starter Kit Supplies in Bulk
- 4 oz pure Jojoba oil
- Pure, unrefined Shea Butter
- Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel Toner
- Fractionated Coconut Oil (Liquid)
If you’re feeling ambitious, you can even even wrap your gifts up in vintage wrapping with brown butcher paper and customize them with a special touch for each person on your list. Or maybe grab some fun little odds and ends from Target’s dollar spot for a quick way to customize packaging on the cheap – they have an amazing selection right now!
No matter what you make or how you wrap it up, you get to enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you created unique and creative gifts that really show how much you care. It really is hard to put a price tag on meaningful gifts from the heart, created by hand! Not to mention the peace that comes with celebrating a holiday centered on blessings, not stressing over fighting crowds to find expensive gifts for everyone 🙂
You got this! And if you’d like even more peace of mind, click here to download this free printable gift list organizer so you can keep track of what you’re making, for whom this Christmas.
What will YOU be making this year? For more Christmas inspiration here on the blog, pop over here next!