Have you ever done rewards or incentive plans for your kids? Try this prize bucket for older kids!
Before, we haven’t just because we never really found a system that works for us. That being said, I love how easy it is to make my kids smile with the little things!
Though this usually doesn’t cost me a thing, because we all know the best things in life are free – it’s also fun to surprise them with a little treat once in awhile 🙂 That’s why I just recently started up something new we call the prize bucket.
Usually they get to pick something out for especially good grades or meeting a big goal in their schoolwork. It also thrills me to no end when I catch them being extra kind or helpful and I can surprise them with a trip to the prize bucket.
My kids are 11 and 14 now – if you thought prizes were only for little ones, think again! Check out these ideas for what you can use to put together a little stash of surprises for your kids. If you’re a teacher or homeschool mom, you’re sure to find things here your students would love too!
Here’s a full list of ideas based on what I included!
- Small pair of new scissors
- Window markers
- Nail files
- Temporary tattoos
- Small catch-all type pouch
- Fun & fancy “flair” buttons
- Pretty little flashlight
- New tape dispenser (they’re always wanting tape, but we’re usually out) 😉
- Bouncy ball
- Clips (they can be used on anything)
- Glow in the dark foam “swords”
- Slinky Jr.
- Mini troll erasers (seriously the most fun thing I’ve seen in a long time)
- Wacky, waxy lips
- Seasonal pencils and erasers
- Glow stick necklace
- Mini post it notes (they can be used as bookmarks or for pretty much anything)
Those are just a few ideas to get you started – really the options are endless! The dollar store is FULL of fun things you can use and Target’s dollar spot is always a great option too!
Have fun choosing unique little surprises to bless your kids with – let me know if you decide to try this at home too!