A Parent’s Guide to Online Education Resources

Once upon a time, I was a brand spankin’ new, fresh-faced, wide-eyed homeschooling mom. You see, I never ever planned, let alone pictured myself in this role, EVER.  It’s just that unexpected life circumstances practically begged me to start homeschooling my children to create the kind of flexibility my kids and I needed to be able to visit my husband more often, who at that time traveled full time for work.

Who would have thought I’d still be homeschooling seven years later?!  In that time that I’ve been around the block and back — I’ve learned alot, but even more so, I’ve grown a desire to help others who have found themselves on their own journey to provide their children with the best education they can, whatever that may look like for their family.  So I put together a roundup of the types of free education resources I would have loved to have found compiled all in one spot, when I first began combing the ‘net for ideas with only a week to plan the material I would use to create curriculum for our homeschool.

Are you planning to homeschool this year or supplement your child's education at home? Or maybe you know someone who is and could use some help navigating the tricky waters of educational decision making for their child. Read on for a parent's guide to educational resources AND information on how to sign up for coaching resources for families!

While each of these resources linked below would work well in most homeschools, most would also work well as a supplement to any traditional school curriculum.  This list is by no means all-inclusive or comprehensive – these are just some of our online favorites and the faves of some friends who I polled for ideas.  I do intend to add to this list over time, but as you can see, it is already lengthy so peruse at your leisure.  My suggestion would be this — Click through to the sites applicable to the current age group of your children, and bookmark and pin this post for later use.  Bonus points if you send it to your mom friends!  😉

All Ages

Preschool and Elementary

Your great big guide to FREE online education resources for all ages!  Are you planning to homeschool this year? Or maybe you know someone who is and could use some help navigating the tricky waters of educational decision making for their child. Read on for a parent's guide to educational resources AND information on how to sign up for coaching resources for families!

Middle School

High School

Gifted Education

Facebook Groups for Parents

What would you add to this list of online resources for parents?  I’m always looking for new ideas and would love to hear YOUR favorites!  If you would like to learn more about how you get help navigating educational options for your child, click here to learn about our educational consulting and parent coaching  🙂

CommentLuv badge

14 Comments

1. Jennifer wrote:

Hello! I found you through the Inspired FB group. Great post! I thought I would share BetterLesson with you. There are thousands of free lessons for ELA, math, science, and hybrid classrooms for K-12. http://betterlesson.com/common_core?from=landing. Glad I found you!

Posted 3.6.15 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Thanks so much, just added it! Didn’t know about that one 🙂

Posted 3.6.15 Reply
  2. Jennifer wrote:

This is an amazing list of resources! a must-pin for sure. Very well put together and I can use it both as a teacher and a mom of 2 littles ones. #InspiredBN

Posted 3.7.15 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

So glad! Thanks for taking the time to let me know 🙂

Posted 3.15.15 Reply
  3. I love this list! Thanks for taking the time for putting it all together! Very useful for sure.

Posted 3.15.15 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

You’re so welcome 🙂 Glad you found it useful!

Posted 3.15.15 Reply
  4. Zakia wrote:

This is an amazing list of resources. I’m always looking for new ideas

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  5. I don’t homeschool but love a lot of these educational sites and there were a few new ones for me too! Thanks.

Posted 7.28.15 Reply
  6. Martha wrote:

Easypeasyallinone is a great complete and completely free curriculum online. I didnt click all your links but i didnt see it in the list. (I’ve homeschooled off and on but mostly on for 12 years! Once you get going its hard to send them back! )

Posted 7.28.15 Reply
  7. Hello! I was going through your resources page; it’s really useful and helpful for people. We also run our online school for K-12 students across the USA. It’s really a great experience running school online. Thank you very much for sharing this list with us. Keep posting!

Posted 8.5.15 Reply
  8. andi wrote:

SO many resources – we didnt have any of this when i was school-age all those years ago

Posted 8.11.15 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Yes! Pretty mind-boggling – that’s why I wanted to compile as many in one place as possible to make it easier for parents and caregivers 🙂

Posted 8.11.15 Reply
  9. As a former teacher, I love using the website Teachers Pay Teachers. I know a lot of homeschool parents use it as well. (Many resources are for sale, but there are a ton of FREEBIES too!) I’ve also used Educents quite a bit, and I know a lot of homeschooling parents who frequent that site as well. I’d recommend either site! 🙂 And, thank you! I’m pinning this because I think a lot of my teacher followers will enjoy this list as well!

Posted 8.17.15 Reply
  10. goodnews wrote:

A great piece of information. I think this is what I was exactly looking for. All tips in a single click. I would definitely try to follow these suggestions. I really enjoyed this post and I hope you will keep posting this kind of post in the future great piece of information.

Posted 7.29.19 Reply