Dear Dreamer: A Letter of Encouragement to Step Out in Faith

Dear Dreamer,

Here’s looking at YOU.  You know who you are.  You and me, we just get each other, don’t we?  So often, we doubt ourselves and don’t dare to dream as big as the fire in our heart compels us to dream.  But the truth is we each have those amazingly unique ideas and dreams that set our soul ablaze and send us over the moon excited to dig in and do the work.

The hard, gutsy, glorious work that makes us feel like we’ll never actually work a day in this life, as long as we’re doing those very things that light us up inside.

A letter to all the big dreamers out there!

He wants us to trust Him with those dreams. There have been so many times in my life where I was striving to MAKE something happen that just wasn’t in God’s plan for me. FEAR had taken hold of my heart, and I thought that I needed to do something or nothing would happen. But in ALL of those instances where I ran ahead of God, the plans failed. I was hurt.

But lately, God has been showing me that when I trust HIM with my dreams and plans, HE blows them up beyond what I ever could have imagined. It just takes me holding onto those dreams with open hands and not grasping them for dear life. I don’t know if this encourages any of you, but dream on, sister. And trust the Lord for the increase.

So what can we do when the darkness of doubt and discouragement threatens to steal our joy and dull our shine?

We bring our brave when the temptation to compare and see how we measure up to others creeps in.

We reach out and be honest in the hard moments when we forget that the world needs our own unique brand of big love and passion.  We need to let friends remind us that there’s a seat at the table for us all.  There’s room for everyone.  After all, life was never meant to be a solo journey and we each have great gifts to give and others to receive.

And what’s oh so important is that we speak life-giving words of love and encouragement to those around us when they find themselves in the thick of self-doubt and discouragement, too.

A Letter to Big Dreamers

So dreamer, darling?  Won’t you ponder and consider this?  There is power, purpose, and beauty in your passions.

There is no one in this world quite like you, and no one who has been created to fulfill all that you have been created and commissioned to do with your life.

So bring your brand of brave and beauty.  The world is your oyster.  Dare to dream.  Dream deliciously wild and crazy dreams because those who are just crazy enough to believe they can change the world for the better are usually the ones who do exactly  that!

What’s stopping you from living the life you were created for?  What can you do today to step out on faith and boldly step into your calling?

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau

CommentLuv badge

35 Comments

1. Dawn wrote:

I am pretty sure this is my favorite post so far, Sybil. Did I say that already this week to you? I am pretty sure I have said it before today. At any rate, I love to read anything you write, but I love it when women stand shoulder to shoulder igniting hope. I love that you share freedom with your words.
    Bless you!
    Dawn

Posted 11.1.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Dawn, oh how you bless me so! You make the blogosphere a much better place to be and the world a much better place to live. Please know and believe that, because you are one special lady! xoxo

Posted 11.1.14 Reply
  2. Ro wrote:

Syb! This is so beautifully written. I love it!!! You have such a beautiful heart and gift of grace. I’ll be sharing this with every dreamer I know 🙂 Keep inspiring. Great job!

Posted 11.1.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

You are the sweetest! Love you BIG!

Posted 11.1.14 Reply
  3. Alexandra wrote:

I love this!! So glad you linked it to the Stay Dangerous link up! Such great encouragement 🙂

Posted 11.2.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Awe thank you so much, Alexandra! So glad you found a blessing here xoxo

Posted 11.2.14 Reply
  4. Misty wrote:

I’m so glad that I stopped by today and read this. It has ignited something within me that has been dormant for a while. I now want to dream big and do big. Thanks for the push to dream.

Posted 11.3.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Yay! So glad to hear that Misty! Thanks for letting me know – truly made my day 🙂

Posted 11.3.14 Reply
  5. Sybil this is beautiful!! You have such a heart for encouraging others, and I really appreciate that I know you and your blog (sort of, hehe). Pinning this to share 🙂 Also, gorgeous graphics as always, lol

Posted 11.3.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Awe you are the sweetest, Stefanie! Thank you so much!

Posted 11.4.14 Reply
  6. First off, I love your blog design! I love the thought that darkness can’t drive out darkness 🙂

Posted 11.4.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Yes! Me too, it really is beautiful when you reflect on that truth! And thanks so much for your sweet words about my design 🙂

Posted 11.4.14 Reply
  7. We dream big. Because we are in love with the Dream Giver.

Oh yes …

So cool to meet you at Holly’s this morning, Sybil!

Posted 11.5.14 Reply
  8. What a beautiful reminder that we need to lift each other up with positive words of encouragement and stop the comparison game. We are all beloved children of God, and he doesn’t like to see his children putting each other down.

Posted 11.5.14 Reply

Could not agree more! Thanks Anita 🙂

Posted 11.5.14 Reply
  9. What an encourager you are! You made me want to jump up and go do big stuff! 🙂

Posted 11.6.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Yay! Just what I was shooting for! Hooray for dreaming big and following our God-given callings 🙂 Hugs Sarah! xoxo

Posted 11.7.14 Reply
  10. Christine wrote:

What wonderfully encouraging words, Sybil. A great reminder of the importance of each of our lives in this world. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 11.15.14 Reply

Thanks Christine! So glad you were encouraged 🙂

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  11. Tiffany wrote:

Just loved your words on daring and dreaming, speaking honesty and inspiration into the lives around us. You are a girl after my own heart. Blessed to have found your words today.

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Love that! Thank you so much for letting me know Tiffany xoxo

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  12. Thank you! I needed to hear that today. Doubt is a horrible thing and what’s worse is when we do doubt, we are not trusting the Lord and the best path He has chosen for us. That is probably the worst part of doubt besides the feeling it lives in your soul. It is best to pray and release it to the Lord. Thank you for the encouraging article! Blessings to you and yours in the New Year! #bloggercaregroup

Posted 12.30.14 Reply

So true! Thank you for this awesome feedback Kelly xoxo

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  13. Gema Diaz wrote:

Beautifully written. Encouragers need encouragement and reminders too! Thank you.

Posted 3.3.15 Reply
  14. My absolute favorite line: “We need to let friends remind us that there’s a seat at the table for us all. ” Great post! We ladies, especially, need to remember to get off the comparison wagons that just bring us down and lift each other up in what we are each talented at. Thanks for a great post!

Posted 3.3.15 Reply

Could not agree more! Thank you Bonnie Lyn 🙂

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  15. Nathana wrote:

A very encouraging post! I know blogging has been this passionate dream of mine for awhile. I genuinely enjoy it. It rarely feels like work. I think the times it does feel like work, it is because I’ve allowed myself to fall into the comparison trap and become disappointed. Thanks for the encouragement. I recently posted on a similar topic Comparison vs. Contentment: http://www.theengagedhome.com/contentment-vs-comparison/

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

I could have written your comment myself, word for word! Nice to know so many feel the same way xoxo

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  16. Such encouraging words! I’m at that point where it feels like I’m midway out on the tight rope of my dreams — to far in to go back and still so far to go! Thanks for inspiring me this morning. 🙂

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Oh Brittany, me too! That sooo resonates – thanks for chiming in and reminding me I am in good company 😉

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  17. alyssa wrote:

I am so saving this! <3

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  18. I love this! I’m definitely a born dreamer. It is nice to meet you, fellow dreamer! 😀

Posted 4.4.16 Reply