So guess what? Today marks one year since the official beginning of She Lives Free!
I thought the very best way to celebrate would be to talk all about one of my favorite subjects blogging – Ha! So If you are a blogger or have ever thought about blogging someday – this post is for you! Seriously though, my goal is to reflect on what has helped me along the way this past year while sparking some new ideas you may find useful too. I know we bloggers are always looking to streamline and make life a little easier, so I have linked all of my favorite blogging tools and resources for your viewing pleasure 😉
But if there is one thing I’ve learned this last year it is this: blogging is hard work! So please bear in mind that this list is not exhaustive and definitely not meant as one of those ultimate guides to blogging out there. Though there are no quick fixes or magic pills to ‘successful’ blogging, these are just a few of my favorite things I’ve found helpful enough to use myself or those which I’m just getting started with.
I’m quite sure I’ll add to this list over time, but here are a few of my favorite tools and resources I have discovered and used in my own blogging journey:
Apps and PlugIns:
Photo Editing Programs:
Websites for Support and Knowledge Building:
Support and Collaboration Groups:
- Inspired Bloggers Facebook Group
- Kid Blogger Facebook Group
- Christian Women Bloggers Facebook Group
- Christian Women Blogs Facebook Group
- Parenting, Marriage, Pregnancy, Natural Living Blogger Share Group on Facebook
- Blogging Homeschoolers Facebook Group
- Blogging on the Side Facebook Group
- Mommy Bloggers Share Facebook Group
- Home and Garden Share Facebook Group
Affiliate Networks and Programs:
- Pollinate Media
- Mom Central
- Mom’s Affiliate
- Clever Girls Collective
- Social Fabric Collective Bias
- Savings Blogger Network
- Pepper Jam Network
- Restored 316 Designs – She Lives Free is running on the Restored 316 Sprinkle theme and I’m very happy with it! I also adore the owner Lauren and her super personable and prompt customer service – highly recommend checking out her beautiful designs if you’re in the market for a new WordPress theme.
- Angie Makes – I also love these themes and have already bought one for my business site, soon to come at www.shelivesfreecoaching.com
- BluChic – I hope to buy a theme I love from BluChic someday for a niche site I’m dreaming of down the line So many gorgeous options!
Books on Blogging:
- Building A Framework – This book is a treasure trove full of chapters with photo tutorials and detailed information broken down into small, manageable chunks. There are action steps in each chapter with actual strategies to put in place to grow your blog. At 170+ pages, and with a format that walks you through everything step-by-step, this book is a must-read for any blogger at any stage!
- How To Blog For Profit: Without Selling Your Soul – Whether you have been blogging for years or just a few weeks, How to Blog For Profit (Without Selling Your Soul) offers solid advice and practical action plans for creating an authentic, successful, and profitable blog.
- Pinteresting – Pinterest Strategies for Brands and Bloggers – Includes pictures from the new Pinterest format, new tools, and details about Pinterest Analytics.
- Pinterest Savvy: Strategies, Plans, and Tips to Grow Your Business with Pinterest – Melissa Taylor, a top Pinterest influencer with over 1.4 million followers, shows how to get started, gain skills, and market your business using Pinterest. Pinterest Savvy is practical, easy-to-read, and applicable for anyone who is ready to get started or get better on Pinterest.
Looking for some more inspiration, ideas, and practical tips for blogging? Check out my FOUR blog related Pinterest boards!