Make A Difference Mondays {Volume 8}

Hello and welcome to another edition of Make A Difference Mondays where we get intentional about starting our weeks focused on the positive and put our heads together to dream up ways we can make a difference in this world!

My husband and I have always hoped to raise our girls to be servant leaders, ready to do their part to change the world for the better. I do believe they are catching the vision! Today I want to share with you a letter my youngest daughter wrote to the world, full of innocence, sincerity, and hope. She has one of the purest, biggest hearts of anyone I know and there’s nothing I’d love more than for her to have the opportunity to experience being a small part of something far bigger than herself. I want her to, “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have” ~ Margaret Mead

Below are all the details on Emma’s big idea in her own words – She will be raffling off an American Girl and a $5 donation enters you to win while supporting her dream of providing basic neccessities for Chicago’s neediest residents. Whether you choose to support her cause or not, I hope you are inspired today by her big dream to make a difference. I know I am!

Hi,

My name is Emma Brun and I am ten years old. When I was in Chicago with my family last year, I noticed a lot of homeless people on the streets and my dad gave them some money, but I knew they all needed more.
I wanted to help them too, but I was not sure how to get the money. Unexpectedly, a couple of months later my mother showed me a video on a girl raffling off her American girl doll to raise money for troops.
Light bulb!
That was exactly what I was going to do! I would raffle off my American girl doll for $5 or up, per ticket.
You can enter to win through a Rafflecopter link below, and with that you will buy a chance to win an American girl doll. Your donation will go to buying the most important basic necessities including; blankets, pillows, non-perishable food, water bottles, and more. Any funds above our $5000 goal will go toward travel expenses and then a check to a city official for future needs of the homeless people of Chicago.

Make A Difference Mondays is a weekly linkup designed to encourage and inspire us to live each day on purpose—making a meaningful difference in someone’s life in even the smallest of ways. There will be five women regularly co-hosting this link-up that will appear on all five of our blogs and we also have three wonderful co-hosts who will fill in as guest hosts on the occasional day that a regular co-host is not able to post. Read on to learn more about our vision, mission, and how to link up!

Mission
Our mission is to provide a consistent gathering place for like-minded women to build online connections, share inspiration, and provide mutual encouragement and accountability as we seek to live intentionally and make a difference in the lives of those around us.
Vision
Every Monday we will invite bloggers to link-up any blog posts that encourage women to live life on purpose. This could include testimonies or goals from your own life, small acts of kindness or service, creative tips or ideas for showing consideration to others — the possibilities are endless. Our objective is to use our God-given time and resources to His glory!

Also, just a heads-up: the Make A Difference Mondays team has created two fun new ways to keep us all connected! Now we have our own facebook community group to stay in touch beyond the blog posts AND we also have a new #MADMlinkup group Pinterest board and we will be pinning our favorite posts from the linkup that inspire and encourage us to make a difference. We are so grateful for you and would love for all of you to join us for fellowship in the above linked community group and you can follow the Pinterest board right here to watch for your posts:

An InLinkz Link-up
Be sure to grab the sparkly image above or grab the same image in the square version from the sidebar for your posts and/or include a link back here within your posts. Any on-topic posts are welcomed, no matter how old and no matter how many! And before you leave, you’ll sign up for MADM emails if you’d like to keep up with this weekly Make A Difference Mondays project and much more!

</div>
Sharing with holleygerth.com today and Sometimes sharing with these friends

CommentLuv badge

27 Comments

1. Heather wrote:

What a wonderful idea! It is amazing what children think up on their own. They have such caring and open hearts. Good luck!

Posted 6.9.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Yes they do and it blows me away! Thanks for your support and encouraging words! : )

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  2. Great Jon Emma! We hope you meet your goal! Keep up the good work!

Posted 6.9.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Thank you SO much for your support and encouraging words, Kelly! It truly means so much and Emma smiled so big when I showed her your comment : ) Hope you all are well! Miss you! xo

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  3. *job*

Posted 6.9.14 Reply
  4. How selfless & inspiring! Keep up the courageous and sacrificial work, young lady! What a wonderful heart.

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Holly, thank you SO much for taking the time to leave Emma that encouragement! Means so much to have the support of our friends and family!

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  5. This young lady sounds so smart and driven! Looking forward to seeing her meet her goal and I appreciate so much help going to those in need. Great focus on serving others Emma!

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Teri, thank you SO much for taking the time to leave Emma that encouraging comment – she read it a couple times in a row 😉 Means so much to have the support of our friends and family!

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  6. Very sweet. Our church is doing a backpack/school supplies drive, so we’re bringing in some items to donate to underprivileged school children.

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

What a wonderful way to make a difference in your town! Thanks for sharing Shecki!

Posted 6.11.14 Reply
  7. That is so wonderful that you are starting a campaign to raise money for the homeless people of Chicago.

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Thank you Theresa – my daughter is dreaming big and I can’t wait to do all I can to support her!

Posted 6.11.14 Reply
  8. Emma, you are planting small seeds! Even the smallest change will change someone’s life in a big way. Good luck in your cause and God bless. Jeri

Posted 6.11.14 Reply
  9. Kendra wrote:

Emma, I love this and your heart for the homeless! I was in Chicago a couple years ago and was also struck by how many homeless people there were. We would also give money and food as we walked around downtown. So proud of you girl!! Praying you have a huge return on your giving!!

Posted 6.12.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Thank you Kendra! You’re the best! Xo

Posted 6.12.14 Reply
  10. Mom of Two wrote:

I love the idea of Make a Difference Mondays. Such a good thing to teach your kids.

Posted 6.12.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Thank you, hope you’ll join us for the linkup sometime! Thanks for visiting She Lives Free!

Posted 6.12.14 Reply
  11. What an amazing girl! I have just shared her idea!

Posted 6.13.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Thank you SO much for sharing Emma’s Caring for Chicago project with others! So appreciate that!

Posted 6.13.14 Reply
  12. Emma, I featured you on my Small Seeds post here : http://www.got2havefaithblog.com/kids-doing-good/

Keep up the good works!

Posted 6.25.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

Thank you so much for this, I will show it to her!! : )

Posted 6.25.14 Reply
  13. Michelle wrote:

Wonderful project Emma! Best of luck to you. 🙂

Posted 7.12.14 Reply
    • Sybil Brun wrote:

A big thank you from Emma & me for your encouraging words! : )

Posted 7.12.14 Reply
  14. Emma Brun wrote:

Hi mom thanks for blogging about this 😛

Posted 7.23.14 Reply