There’s something especially magical about a summer date with your special someone. Options abound for free, cheap, and easy dates when the weather’s warm and there are no school schedules to take into account. So here are a few ideas to get you thinking outside the box – whether that be for weeknight dates, dates at home or the adventures you normally reserve for just the kids. Whatever you do, get out & play 🙂 Enjoy your summer and enjoy your spouse!
1) Check out a local watering hole together. Wading around and swimming outdoors somewhere other than a pool can be that much more invigorating!
2) Go berry-picking, then come back and make a homemade pie together
3) Take a canoe trip with your love
4) Set up a fun, romantic backyard camp out. Grab a tent + blankets and pillows + a flashlight + S’mores optional!
5 )Scout out bike paths for walking, biking, and rollerblading together
6) Try tennis together
7) Go mini-golfing together, just the two of you
8) Attend an outdoor concert
9) Take up a new sport you’ve never tried before that is made for summertime weather – maybe slacklining, rock-climbing, kayaking? Have fun discovering something new together!
10) Be a ‘tourist in your own town’ – spend the day visiting landmarks, hidden treasures, and classic eateries right in your own city
11) Spend an afternoon volunteering together
12) Go hiking in a local nature reserve or other scenic spot
13) How about some grown-up go-cart racing!
14) Check out an outdoor festival
15) Do a class or activity through your county park system’s offerings
16) Spend an evening planning and planting a backyard garden together
17) Find out if your city has a summer movie series, and go!
18) Attend a fireworks show together
19) Visit your local amusement park, just the two of you
20) Hit the pool, sans children
21) Train for a 5k together
22) Go stargazing, right in your own backyard or at your local waterfront
23) Take in a movie at the drive-in, preferably in the back of your van, convertible, or jeep. Or just bring along a blanket and a couple of lawn chairs – whatever works!
24) Pack a picnic and head to your nearest park
25) Scout out a local farmers market then come home and create an amazing meal with your fresh, healthy finds
If you liked this post, you’re sure to love 26 Ways to Connect With Your Spouse 🙂 What do you and your honey love to do outside together? What would you add to this list?